Sunday, 5 August 2007

Diggin' the past for Vigentini emigrants

Oggi ho continuato un po’ la ricerca sulla strada dei Vigentini all’estero e la trama si fa interessante tanto che sembra che all’inizio del ‘900 membri della famiglia si siano trasferiti in America.

Per questo post mi limitero' ad elencarli poiche' dedichero loro spazio man mano la mia ricerca portera' maggiori informazioni.

In nord America, il primo a metter piede sul continente Americano sembra essere Valentino Vigentini, arrivato a New York il 9 Dicembre 1900 con la nave 'La Bretagne'. (New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957)

La seconda e' Rose A. Vigentini, nata in Italia e la quale appare nel US Census 1920 come residente in California.

Poi Maria Vigentini, sposatasi con Guiseppe Guera (il nome mi fa pensare che ci sia un errore nel registro) il 12 APR 1904 a Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts.

In Sudamerica solo un paio di casi: Francisco Vigentini, figlio di Pietro che si e' sposato il 06 MAY 1893 a Sao Bento, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Per ultimo, ma il piu' recente e' tale Claudio Vigentini che ho trovato su ICQ ed ha un indirizzo in Argentina.

Mi piace pensare che trovero' l'anello mancante per conetterli ai parenti italiani, ma per il momento li ritengo come parte della famiglia e cerchero di scoprire le loro storie...




Today I continued the research following the trails of the Vigentini migrating abroad and the plot is becoming quite interesting. There are in fact a number of individuals who decided to depart for the Americas.

In this post I will only enlist them as I’m planning to dedicate more space to them as information will become available.

In north America, the first to set foot on American soil seems to be Valentino Vigentini. He landed on the 9th of December 1900 with the ship called ‘La Bretagne. (New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957)

The second was Rose A Vigentini, born in Italy, but emerging from the 1920 Census in California.

Then Maria Vigentini, who married Guiseppe Guera on the 12 APR 1904 in Quincy, Norfolk, Massachusetts. (the odd spelling of the name makes me think something is wrong though)

In south America, I found a couple of cases as well: Francisco Vigentini, son of Pietro, got married on the 06 MAY 1893 in Sao Bento, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil. The last one, but most recent is Claudio Vigetini; I found him on the ICQ directory and he seems to have an Argentinean email address.

I hope that I will somehow manage to find the connections in Italy, but for the moment I'd like to think that they all are part of the family and I'll try to uncover their stories...

No comments: